Responsible Business – Let’s take responsibilityLeuven hotel promotes Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB).
Park Inn by Radisson Leuven is engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
The Green Key opens the door to a brighter future
Thanks to our Responsible Business team and their hard work to "think planet, think people and think together," we are proud to say that we have again been awarded two Green Key labels: one Green Key for the hotel in general and one for the meeting location.
Below are some of the Green Key accomplishments of the Park Inn by Radisson Leuven:
- Clean towel program
- Compliance with environmental laws and regulations
- Encouraging guests to use products and services in an environmentally conscious manner
- Environmentally responsible cleaning through environmentally friendly cleaning products and use of microfiber cloths
- Flushing of toilets with rain water
- Individual climate control in the hotel and meeting rooms
- Key card to control electrical appliances
- Lighting sensors in toilet rooms, store rooms, offices and staircases
- Raising awareness and training employees in Responsible Business through weekly and monthly meetings
- Separation of waste
- Use of energy-saving devices such as computers, lamps, copiers and printers
- Use of recycled and chlorine-free paper, toilet paper and disposable towels
- Use of water-saving taps