Explore the capital region’s top attractions
Boasting direct access to the airport, the Park Inn by Radisson Oslo Airport, Gardermoen Hotel is your perfect gateway to the exciting region that surrounds the Norwegian capital. Oslo’s city center is only a train or bus ride away, where you a variety of things to do, see and taste awaits. If you want to set foot in the wonderful Norwegian nature or experience the fjords, then you can do it all from the capital and surrounding region. Check out our list of popular attractions that you just don’t want to miss.
- Ullensaker Museum – 5 km. Delve into history to learn more about the many ways that WWII left its mark in Norway.
- SAS Museum – 6 km. Experience Scandinavian aviation history, including exhibitions featuring crew uniforms, aircraft models, a real SAS aircraft cabin and much more.
- Trandumskogen War Memorial – 14 km. Trandumskogen was the first WWII mass grave to be discovered in Norway. Here, 173 Norwegians were executed, in addition to 15 Soviet and six British soldiers.
- Eidsvoll – 39 km. Visit the historical mansion grounds where the independent Norway was born, or enjoy the charming Eidsvoll Verk village.
- The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet - 50 km. Enjoy world class opera and ballet performances or take in the beautiful view from the building’s roof.
- Astrup Fearnley Museum of Modern Art – 52 km. Sample some of the world’s best contemporary art in this unique museum by the Oslo fjord.
- Vigeland Park – 52 km. See the world’s largest sculpture park by a single artist, Gustav VIgeland, home to the famous “Monolith” and “Angry Boy” sculptures.
- Aker Brygge – 52 km. Walk along the upscale wharf area to take in the Oslo fjord, grab a bite to eat in one of the many restaurants, or buy the latest wardrobe upgrade in one of the many shops.