Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB).
Rezidor hotels practice Responsible Business in the following three areas:
- Think Planet: efforts to minimise environmental footprint and impact
- Think People: taking care of the health and safety of guests and employees
- Think Together: respecting social and ethical issues in the company and community
Think Planet is Rezidor’s ambitious energy project aimed at reducing energy consumption by 25% in five years.
The Park Inn by Radisson Kazan conducts local Responsible Business activities such as:
- Compliance with all environmental legislation
- Implementation of numerous saving operational procedures of heat, water, and electricity
- Neighborhood bus stop renovation and building painting
- Student training in support of Universide Games preparations
- Volga Beach cleaning as part of World Clean Up
These types of activities help staff understand the positive contribution being made to lives each day both at home and at work.