Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Abu Dhabi hotel’s focus is on Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children's rights, health and safety, as well as environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of Childhood is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
This hotel actively participates in responsible business activities by promoting social and environmental initiatives. Below are some of this Abu Dhabi hotel’s responsible business activities and achievements.
Environmental-friendly initiatives and activities:
Social and community outreach:
- A huge area of landscaping is dedicated to support the environment and drip irrigation used to water the plants, which reduces water wastage.
- Annual participation in the Go Green Earth.
- The entire building features motion sensors and is controlled with timers and BMS.
- The hotel has pledged to plant 100 trees in UAE every year.
- The hotel utilises energy-saving bulbs or LEDs and dimmer systems to reduce energy consumption.
- Waste is collected through a central recycling system, the ENVAC.
- Water is treated at a local island-wide treatment plant and recycled. Lightly Treated Sewage (LTS) is used for irrigation.
Health, safety & security initiatives:
- Blood donation campaigns
- Box Appeal
- Collect donations for the World Childhood Foundation
- Invite kids from special needs schools to the hotel
- Organizing a marathon
- Pink-a-Thon - walk for life on Yas Island for breast cancer awareness
- Medical check-up program for all staff
- Most advanced FLS measures as per the authority regulation are implemented in the property
- Working towards Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) certification
Guests may participate by:
- First aid training
- Living Responsible Business training for all staff
- Mandatory training for the staff of Fire Life Safety (FLS)
- Participate in the blood donation campaign
- Towel Replacement Programme